you need to send them:
– well-made tech packs. The more detail, the higher the chance they understand you.
– measurement list
– bill of material
– your estimated target price (you don’t need to send this in your first communication, see comment below)
– the quantities you want to produce
– a time schedule. When you need your samples, and when you want the production to be ready
– possibly reference samples
You can find tech packs, measurement list, and bill of materials to download in the download section here in the membership portal.
You can use the calculators here in the membership to estimate your target price.
the reason you would send an estimated target price is to make sure you are discussing prices in the same ballpark. You don’t need to send them the estimated price the first time you ask for a quote. This is something you could send to steer the discussion to a reasonable price level, or potentially product price engineer (meaning tweaking or changing the design or materials).